Our criminal team is known for being one of the top providers in the North, operating out of Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool and Chester. Comprising more than 80 junior counsel and 6 King’s Counsel, our members appear in courts throughout England and Wales. We provide specialist and outstanding advisory and advocacy services in every aspect of criminal law, including:
- Murder and manslaughter (including shaken baby syndrome and suicide pact)
- Serious violent and sexual offences
- Child abduction and sexual exploitation
- Drug Offences
- Human trafficking and Modern Day Slavery
- Serious and organised crime
- Robbery, Burglary, Blackmail and Theft
- Fraud and money laundering
Members of Chambers regularly appear in the most serious and complex cases in the Crown Court. Our team often prosecute on behalf of the CPS, HM Revenue and Customs and other prosecuting authorities. Similarly, our members offer dedicated representation defending in high profile and complex work.
Examples of our work include:
- Lucy Letby (Countess of Chester Hospital murders)
- Levi Bellfield (murder of Milly Dowler)
- Mark Bridger (murder of April Jones)
- Ian Watkins and others (child abuse involving former Lost Prophets singer)
We are regularly instructed to appear in the Court of Appeal and offer specialist criminal appellate advocates who are excellent at advising on fresh evidence, miscarriages of justice and CCRC applications.