Our team of Insolvency barristers has extensive experience of all aspects of insolvency, both personal and corporate.
We are accustomed to advising and representing private individuals, partnerships, companies and insolvency practitioners on all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency in both contentious and non-contentious matters. We regularly receive instructions involving voluntary arrangements, administration, bankruptcy, liquidation, injunctions, winding-up petitions and applications to set aside statutory demands as well as claims by office-holders.
Our expertise includes:
- Asset recovery
- Disciplinary matters involving insolvency practitioners and their regulatory bodies
- Disputes concerning creditor claims and creditors’ meetings
- Injunctive and interim relief applications associated with Insolvency Act and related claims
- Material irregularity and unfair prejudice claims
- Restraining presentation or advertisement of a petition
- Transactions at an undervalue
- Void transactions
- Voluntary arrangements (including individual, company and partnership)
- Wrongful and fraudulent trading
We are accustomed to representing clients in the Business and Property Court and through mediation and alternative dispute resolution.