At St John’s Buildings we care about creating and maintaining a positive culture and working with colleagues who can help build, maintain and enhance that culture. We are known for our cohesion and the consistency of highest quality service delivery and we are always looking for team members who share that approach. On these pages you will find out more about how we recruit barristers and staff and how you can apply for any specific roles that are currently being advertised.
We are an equal opportunities employer, seeking to enhance our team with the best candidate for any particular job and to ensure we represent the communities in which we work.
We have a clear strategy to tackle the changing legal market. We focus on exceptional support and administration, high quality advocacy and reliable service delivery. As a result we have been successful in building on our reputation for winning and servicing work.
What does St John’s Buildings offer?
- We are one of the largest barristers’ sets in the country, with proven expertise across all areas of law
- Our barristers have access to and have appeared in some of the leading cases in the English and Welsh courts and internationally
- We have an ambitious strategy for the future and are actively pursuing that strategy
- This strategy is underpinned and enabled by our values, which define how we behave collectively and individually, to clients and to colleagues
- In partnership with Advanced Legal, we have developed a market-leading solution to secure electronic document management for barristers, enabling cases to be presented in court without paper briefs. We have received Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation for our IT security
- We are an inclusive and supportive chambers, with a focus on wellbeing, cohesion and professionalism, receiving a certificate of wellbeing from the Bar Council
- Our in-house business development and marketing teams are ensuring we are positioned to win further prestigious and high-value contracts and cases
- We have a continuing programme of investments including regular IT refreshes
- We provide access to a comprehensive online library, provided by Bloomsbury Professional, Lexis Nexis and Thomson Reuters
- We are based in four of the UK’s best and most appealing cities, offering exceptional living standards.