Fatal and Serious Non-Accidental Injuries Seminar 3 – Liverpool
Please join us in-person or online for the third in our new series of Fatal and Serious Non-Accidental Injuries seminars. The other events in the series will take place in Manchester and Chester and will also be available online.
The third seminar takes place on 8th January both in-person at our Liverpool Chambers and online via Microsoft Teams with our Children Law Silks: Frances Heaton KC, Karl Rowley KC, Lorraine Cavanagh KC, Kate Burnell KC, Joseph O’Brien KC and Shaun Spencer KC, along with a guest expert Pathologist who will be announced at a later date.
Our Silks will cover a range of topics including:
– The instruction of experts and expert meetings
– Expert evidence – when we do need to hear from them and deconstructing expert medical/pathological evidence
– Case management of medically complex and fatal cases including whether a causation hearing is actually necessary
– When and how the alleged perpetrator’s account should be taken for the Family Court, and addressing the dilemma of giving evidence when facing a criminal trial for murder or other serious criminality
– The law around perpetration and pool findings
At the Liverpool event our Silks will be joined by a guest expert Pathologist who will be announced at a later date.
We invite you to stay for drinks after the event, to catch up with the speakers and members of our Children Law team.
This seminar is a hybrid event, taking place both in-person at our Liverpool Chambers and online via Microsoft Teams. The cost is £50+VAT for each event.
We look forward to seeing you.
Frances Heaton KC, Karl Rowley KC, Lorraine Cavanagh KC, Kate Burnell KC, Joseph O’Brien KC, Shaun Spencer KC, and a guest expert Pathologist.
Online and at our Liverpool Chambers