Fatal and Serious Non-Accidental Injuries Seminar 1 – Sheffield
Please join us in-person or online for the first in our new series of Fatal and Serious Non-Accidental Injuries seminars. The other events in the series will take place in Manchester, Liverpool and Chester and will also be available online.
The first seminar takes place on 6th October both in-person at our Sheffield Chambers and online via Microsoft Teams with our Children Law Silks: Frances Heaton KC, Lorraine Cavanagh KC, Kate Burnell KC, Joseph O’Brien KC and Shaun Spencer KC, along with guest speaker Dr Roger Malcomson.
Our Silks will cover a range of topics including:
- The instruction of experts and expert meetings
- Expert evidence – when we do need to hear from them and deconstructing expert medical/pathological evidence
- Case management of medically complex and fatal cases including whether a causation hearing is actually necessary
- When and how the alleged perpetrator’s account should be taken for the Family Court, and addressing the dilemma of giving evidence when facing a criminal trial for murder or other serious criminality
- The law around perpetration and pool findings
At the Sheffield event our Silks will be joined by Dr Roger Malcomson, Consultant Paediatric and Perinatal Pathologist. Dr Malcolmson also has a sub-specialism in forensic eye pathology.
We invite you to stay for drinks after the event, to catch up with the speakers and members of our Children Law team.
This seminar is a hybrid event, taking place both in-person at our Sheffield Chambers and online via Microsoft Teams. The cost is £50+VAT for each event. If you wish to book all four events either in-person or online, we are offering a 25% discount off the total cost – so you can book all four events for the price of three.
We look forward to seeing you.
Frances Heaton KC, Lorraine Cavanagh KC, Kate Burnell KC, Joseph O’Brien KC, Shaun Spencer KC, guest speaker Dr Roger Malcomson.
Online and at our Sheffield Chambers