Third six pupillage: Family, Chester
The Family Team of St John’s Buildings is seeking to recruit a third six pupil.
St John’s Buildings is a leading, multidisciplinary, regional set of Chambers. We have practitioners and premises based in four cities across the North-Eastern and Northern Circuits and our members have the capability to work anywhere in the country. St John’s Buildings is an agile and commercially run set which has:
- Innovative IT and tech enabled working to facilitate better and more cost-effective service delivery
- Access to the best work providing opportunities for our members to appear in some of the biggest cases nationally
- Excellent barristers working within a collegiate environment, excellence of advocacy and a commitment to the highest ethical standards
- Excellent clerking, administration and support services
- Values of Service Excellence, Approachability, Community and Agility which define how we behave collectively and individually, to clients and to colleagues
- A comprehensive wellbeing support provision from our management team, our clerks and assistance programme.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic third six pupil to be based in our Chester chambers with a focus primarily on our burgeoning private and public law including children work in North Wales and Cheshire.
Experience of local authority work would be an advantage but a willingness to undertake local authority work is essential. An interest in matrimonial finance would be an advantage.
Applications from Welsh speaking candidates are particularly welcome.
We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates, transgender candidates and candidates with a disability who are under-represented in our membership.
Chambers is strongly committed to equality of opportunity and will apply objective criteria in all shortlisting and selection processes. We aim to ensure there is no discrimination on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or belief, class or age in recruitment and working life at Chambers. We are committed to make reasonable adjustments to accommodate candidates with a disability.
Chambers is committed to human rights work and social justice initiatives.
Please contact Chris Ronan to arrange a confidential discussion on 0161 214 1500.
Applications should be made by email and include a CV and covering letter to Mr Chris Ronan.