Legal 500 rankings 2017
St John’s Buildings is delighted that 49 barristers across nine practice areas have been ranked by the Legal 500 2017 – one of the highest for any set without a London presence.
Our clerking teams also were also highly praised for providing ‘a first class service.’
The Set overview states: “St John’s Buildings is ‘a heavyweight set’, which houses over 230 members across its four offices and is one of the largest on the Northern and North Eastern circuits. A common law set, chambers has a strong reputation for family, personal injury and Court of Protection matters, with criminal, commercial, Chancery and employment law as other key specialist areas. ‘The clerks go out of their way to help’ and ‘go well beyond what is expected of them’ to provide ‘a first-class service’. Chris Ronan is the chief executive.”
Some of the more notable comments for individual barristers include:
- Sally Harrison QC “Polished, passionate and always accessible”
- Andrew O’Byrne QC “Eloquent yet concise, and instils complete confidence in clients”
- Joseph O’Brien “He excels in his knowledge of the law”
- Annette Gumbs “Bright, hardworking, tenacious, sensitive and engaging”
- Mark Connor “A great presence before a jury”
- Samantha Hillas “A ferocious advocate, who is great with clients”
- Lorraine Cavanagh “She approaches daunting cases with palpable enthusiasm”
- Steven McGarry “Imperturbable and extremely good with clients”
- Steven Flynn “Very knowledgeable, thorough and technical”
- Simon Murray “Extremely knowledgeable, personable and eloquent”
See the complete overview of our set and barrister rankings by visiting the Legal 500 website.