Inquest into the death of David Warrington

March 4, 2019

Laura Nash represented the family of a man who died after the bin he was sleeping in was emptied into a waste collection lorry.

David Warrington had been living in hostels and on the streets of Manchester at the time, as he was going through a period of homelessness.

His body was discovered by firemen after the truck caught fire during the collection.

The postmortem revealed he died due to ‘crush asphyxia’.

After a week-long hearing at Manchester Coroner’s Court, the jury unanimously concluded that the death was an accident.

The case was covered by the Manchester Evening News, Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, The Sun and Daily Star.