David is regularly instructed to appear in employment tribunals across the United Kingdom. He has also appeared in the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. He has successfully conducted hundreds of tribunal hearings and has experience of the Employment Appeals Tribunal. He has particular expertise in:
- Unfair and wrongful dismissal
- Disciplinary hearings before professional regulatory bodies
- Professional sports related employment law issues and disputes
- Mediation (whether as a representative or mediator)
- Collective labour disputes and Trade Union litigation
- Executive terminations (high profile and value)
- Discrimination and equal opportunities
- Redundancy (individual and collective)
- Working time regulations
- Harassment and victimisation
- Maternity, parental leave and flexible working.
David undertakes both Claimant and Respondent work. He has acted for clients across a wide range of industries in the private sector (including construction, engineering, manufacturing, FMCG, retail, professional services, telecommunications, aviation, professional sports clubs and individuals). He has also represented public and third sector clients (including education establishments, local authorities and non-departmental government bodies).
Recent cases include high value multi-day complex discrimination, whistleblowing and unfair dismissal claims.
Recent feedback includes:
“…but for David’s tenacity and resolve this morning, the outcome I’ve no doubt would have been very different. The client is delighted and it goes without saying that this firm remains committed to sending all of our litigation work to David.”
“…clearly very technically able and I very much liked your style and delivery. Cross examination and submissions were skilfully done, punchy and persuasive.”
https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions/mr-l-coppell-v-comvergent-field-services-ltd-1600744-2018 (Unfair Dismissal)
https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions/mr-t-lyons-v-whittle-programmed-maintenance-ltd-3327972-2017 (Public Interest Disclosure)
https://www.gov.employment-tribunal-decisions/mr-f-ward-v-moorcroft- construction-Itd-2404037-2017 (Unfair Dismissal)
https://www.bailii.org/nie/cases/NIFET/2014/58_13FET.html (Unfair Dismissal, Discrimination, Harassment and Victimisation)