Six barristers join SJB
St John’s Buildings has been joined by six new barristers, all of whom are experienced experts in their fields.
- Gordon Semple has joined the Family Team from No.6 Chambers in Leeds. Gordon is a highly rated family law expert with a practice spread across all areas of children act work.
- Rachael Banks has joined the Family Team from Atlantic Chambers. Rachael is an experienced family barrister and her expertise includes children work and financial work.
- Daian Sumner has joined the Commercial and Chancery teams from Atlantic Chambers. Daian is a successful commercial and chancery specialist who acts for Claimants and Defendants in contentious litigation.
- Alison Whalley has joined the Criminal Team. Alison’s practice is mainly based in Cumbria and is focussed on defence work.
- Jonathan Turner has joined the Criminal Team, having practised in London in recent years. He prosecutes and defends serious crime and is a grade 4 prosecutor.
- Kerry Holt has joined the Family Team from Dere Street Chambers. Kerry is an experienced private and public law family practitioner.
These recruits confirm SJB’s intention to grow with the addition of exceptional advocates in all of our core areas of work and our commitment to advocacy and client service. Each of the barristers’ full profiles will appear on our website in the coming days.