Phone: 0151 243 6000
Year of call: 1994Book BarristerDownload Details
John was called to the Bar by Lincolns Inn in 1994. He has extensive experience in Family Law at all levels including appearing before High Court Judges.
Family - Children
John has a vast amount of experience in children cases and represents local authorities, parents, extended family members, intervenors, the Official Solicitor and children (including separate representation of competent children) in both areas of public law and private.
John has a particular expertise in cases relating to complex medical and factual in respect of possible fabricated or induced injuries, non-accidental injuries and allegations of serious sexual or physical abuse.
John also has a background of practising in criminal law which has provided an invaluable basis of knowledge and experience, particularly when acting in cases with a concurrent criminal investigation or previous criminal proceedings.
John is an efficient, trusted and respected advocate.
His cases include:
- Complex private law cases
- Care proceedings with parallel criminal investigation or proceedings such as non-accidental injuries, neglect and sexual and physical abuse
- Fabricated or Induced illness
- Sibling death
- Complex medical issues
- Adoption with an international element
- Child cruelty / chastisement with an international or cultural dimension
- Parents with learning or physical disabilities
- Parents with severe mental health issues.