Manchester Metropolitan University – Bar Professional Training Course – Very Competent
The College of Law (Chester) – Graduate Diploma in Law – Commendation
Newcastle University – BA (Hons): Classical Studies & English – High 2:1
Inner Temple – Major Exhibition Award – March 2011
Since 2012 Jessica has had a number of short articles on significant cases published in Personal Injury and Employment Law supplements, including:
- O’Brien v Ministry of Justice – Daniel Barnett’s Employment Law Update (sole author)
- Vann & Others v Ocidental Companhia de Seguros S.A – PI Brief Update (co-author)
- Churchill & Others v Wilkinson & Others – Lexis Nexis Butterworths PI Supplement (sole author)
Jessica became a member of chambers in December 2015 following the successful completion of her pupillage. She has a busy Civil practise with a particular focus on Personal Injury, Travel Law and Employment Law.
Jessica practises in all aspects of Personal Injury. She undertakes work at Small Claims and Fast Track level for Claimants and Defendants. Jessica has experience in a broad range of areas including road traffic accidents, accidents at work, occupier’s liability claims and highway tripping claims. She undertakes advocacy at all stages of a claim and has experience of conducting appeal hearings. Jessica also has a busy paperwork practice and can draft Advices, pleadings and schedules/counter-schedules in all Personal Injury matters.Book BarristerBack to top
Jessica has a keen interest in and in-depth knowledge of clinical negligence. She accepts instructions for Claimants and Defendants and has experience in a wide range of clinical negligence claims, including:
- Surgical errors
- Prescribing errors
- Failings in aftercare.
Jessica has growing experience of Consumer Protection Act 1987 claims involving defective medical and surgical products.Book BarristerBack to top
Jessica accepts instructions in all matters of Employment Law for both Claimants and Respondents. She acts at all stages of a claim and is frequently instructed for preliminary and final hearings. Jessica has experience across a wide range of employment claims and she has been recently instructed in claims involving issues:
- Unfair Dismissal
- Protected Disclosures (whistleblowing)
- Breach of Contract.
Jessica undertakes work in a broad range of travel claims with a particular interest in aviation law. She has conducted trials concerning:
- Delayed flight compensation pursuant to EC Regulation 261/2004;
- Compensation under the Montreal Convention for lost baggage;
- Claims founded on breach of contract following a ruined or disappointing holiday;
Jessica gained extensive experience and knowledge of claims arising out of accidents abroad. She has good knowledge of international Regulations and Conventions applicable to this field of work. Since joining chambers, Jessica has experience in accident abroad claims relating to:
- Accidents in hotels
- Injuries sustained in the course of sports and leisure activities
- Injuries sustained whilst traveling by air and rail.