Phone: 0161 214 1500
Year of call: 2003Book BarristerDownload Details
Gordon was called to the Bar by Gray’s Inn in 2003 having studied psychology at the University of York before completing his legal training at the College of Law in York and the Inns of Court School of Law.
Gordon is a highly regarded family law barrister, specialising in complex public law and private law children cases.
Family - Children
Gordon has acted for local authorities and respondents in cases involving sexual abuse, including multigenerational sexual abuse; physical abuse, including non-accidental injuries, fabricated and induced illness and, shaking injuries; sudden infant death syndrome; medical treatment; secure accommodation; parents with mental illness; issues of mental capacity; immigration issues; wardship; adoption and forced marriages.
Gordon has considerable experience acting for respondents in public law proceedings having acted on behalf of parents and carers, interveners and the children, both through their Guardians and directly on behalf of competent children.
Gordon regularly appears on behalf of parties facing extremely serious allegations.
Gordon has built a formidable reputation acting on behalf of local authorities having represented over a dozen different authorities within public law proceedings.
Gordon is frequently instructed to deal with legal arguments and appeals. Gordon is respected for his robust approach and mastery of complex factual and legal arguments coupled with an ability to put both lay and professional clients at their ease.
Within his private law practice Gordon specialises in cases involving allegations of sexual abuse or serious physical violence. Gordon also has particular experience in dealing with cases with an international element including international child abduction and applications to remove children from the jurisdiction.
- F (A Child)  EWCA Civ 1277
- An appeal in respect of the timing of placement orders in cases involving children requiring therapy.
- Derbyshire County Council v HM and Others  EWHC 3389 (Fam)
- Proceedings regarding designation of a local authority.
- Derbyshire County Council v A Mother and A Father  EWHC 1864 (Fam)
- Fact finding in respect of salt poisoning. Led, on behalf of the Local Authority, by Anthony Hayden QC.
- Re A (Children) 
- Leading junior in case involving a suggested shaking injury with extensive and complex medical evidence and an unusual factual matrix.